- I really appreciated this take on things “successful” people do before breakfast. Highly recommended quick read!
- On that note, have you seen this new project from the Huffington Post called The Third Metric? It’s all about redefining success.
- On the business side, loved this post about the most popular and pointless new year’s goal.
- Reader Anna sent in this wonderful article on the Telegraph about finding your fashion personality (according to Carine Roitfeld)
- The dreamstress on tips for sewing bias seams in lightweight fabrics (found via @thecuttingclass)
- Simon Doonan on why awards show fashion has become so boring (I love him)
- i-d on the conformity and racial homogeneity of the fashion industry. It’s interesting to me that an industry built on looking forward is so retrograde in its attitudes toward beauty.
- Grace’s state of the blog union over at Design Sponge is really fascinating reading. My experience is pretty different (Coletterie doesn’t rely on ads, and we are smaller, more niche, and very community-like compared to big fancy blogs), but I’ve definitely observed these trends elsewhere. I have to wonder if the age of the big magazine-like superblog is ending.
image above: candy-like buttons from my instagram feed.