I hope you all have had a good week! As I mentioned before, my folks were in town, and my dad and I ran a 10k, our first ever race together! The photo above is one I took during the race as we crossed the broadway bridge.
Enjoy your weekend, and check out these wonderful links:
- The secret world of fast fashion from Pacific Standard. An anthropologist explores the Los Angeles garment industry in this fascinating piece. This article takes a more historical and sociological look than the usual “fast fashion is bad” pieces you might have read.
- Speaking of which, Zady took out a full page add in the WSJ declaring that fast fashion is fast food.
- Working out with Marilyn Monroe. Oh, I love Marilyn so much.
- This video from The English Cut shows you how to press a jacket like an English tailor.
- Leandra of Man Repeller on why she doesn’t wear makeup.
- Laura shows some invisible zipper tips over at the Britex blog, along with a gorgeous linen Parfait dress.