After last week’s wonderful discussion about perfectionism (thank you to everyone who chimed in, so many different perspectives!), I thought I’d lighten things up this week with a fun question: What do you like to listen to when you sew?
I’ll often listen to music, but what I really like is a good podcast. I love being able to learn or listen to stories while my hands are busy, and since I can’t exactly read a book while sewing, podcasts do the trick.
Here are a few that I love:
- This American Life (of course)
- All in the Mind (from ABC in Australia, all about the brain, neuroscience, etc)
- The Broad Experience (only listened to one so far, but this show is about women in business)
- Bullseye with Jesse Thorn (love Jesse and his show on music, culture, and more)
- Destination DIY (just started listening to this Portland-based show on all aspects of DIY culture)
- KCRW’s UnFictional (great radio stories from my favorite LA station)
- The Moth
- Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me (Yes, I’m a nerd and LOVE this NPR comedy news quiz show)
- How to Do Everything (a short and funny podcast from the producers of Wait Wait)
- On The Media (I’m sorry, I just really love NPR)
- Stuff You Should Know (I always learn about things I never knew I cared about. This would be a great one for kids too.)
- Third Coast International Audio Festival
Ok, that’s a lot. Keep in mind I don’t keep up with all of them. And I also run 15-20 miles a week, sooooo… I have headphones on a lot.
Do you listen to music, radio, podcasts, or nothing at all when you sew? Anything you’d recommend to others?
PS: We’ll have an announcement a little later today about the start of the Albion Sewalong and our new site specially dedicated just to sewalongs! Stay tuned.