Wow, can it really be October already?
Here at CPHQ we are focused on getting our office re-organized (photos to come). We are also putting the finishing touches on two exciting new projects, including doing our own screen print labeling! Expect more hints as we go through the month, and a big reveal in mid-November.
Here are a few other things we’ve been thinking about this week:
Next week is Design Week Portland and our own graphic designer, Sheli, will be part of a free home brew label showcase. Other public events include:
- Fashion Speaks talk about what makes Portland a special place to design (FREE).
- A talk by Spooltown about production design ($10).
- A presentation by the creative director of Etsy ($10).
See the full schedule here.
These slouchy menswear inspired pieces lead to my own vintage style inspiration for this week, silent film star Buster Keaton.
Here are a few other style finds from this week:
- If you like Buster’s boots, check these out. Fleuvog makes them for both men and women.
- Who says floral prints only work for spring? Make them darker, make them unconventional, and they’re perfect for fall.
- I discovered Bait Footwear this week, and have fallen madly in love. I think they compliment the style of our patterns perfectly, don’t you?
- Options for nude lipstick have come a long way.
- Navabi lets you shop plus-size looks styled around your favorite style icon (such as Brigitte Bardot).
There was no shortage of fun craft ideas in blogland this month:
- Calendars are already my favorite. Add cross stitch into the mix and I’m totally smitten.
- Try this DIY Screen Print tutorial.
- Erin’s Pintrest moodboards came alive for her wedding.
- Sophie shows you how to make your own cover button hair pins.
What fun projects do you have planned for your weekend?