Look at what kind and generous reader Kelly sent us to celebrate our anniversary! It’s a set of the Time Life Art of Sewing books! I’ve been having so much fun flipping through them this week and admiring the beautiful covers.
Kenn and I are headed to Austin for a quick weekend getaway today. Here are some links I think you might enjoy this weekend:
- Designer Wendy Mullin has a new line called Soft Rock and I love it. Totally my colors from my Wardrobe Architect capsule wardrobe this season too.
- How to make a moodboard. Though this is geared toward designers, this could be helpful for those of you creating moodboards and palettes for sewing. She even has a recommendation for a color picking app, which some of you have asked about before.
- Gorgeous photos show the beauty inside America’s textile industry. Stunning images!
- I’m fascinated by people’s attitudes towards money. This article from a former Wall Street hotshot explores what it’s like to be consumed by greed.
- What does it mean to be “pinterest perfect“?
- 10 simple words every girl should know: “Men interrupt women, speak over them, and discount their contributions to a discussion with surprising regularity. Here’s how women should respond.” I’ve found that most men are well intentioned and have no clue that they do this, or that it’s a larger pattern of behavior.
- Want to be more creative? Take a walk. I’m a big believer in using your body to help you think better.
- This is the best thing I’ve read all week: The Medium Chill. The author explores the disconnect between what consumer culture tells us about happiness (buy! acquire! work!) and what social psychology tells us actually makes for lasting happiness. And I love the conclusion, that the solution is helping people be more genuinely happy, not guilting them out of materialism.