Happy Halloween, all.
I’m just back this week from an amazing camping trip in Yosemite, where I snapped a photo of this lovely creature and his family. It was so refreshing, after weeks of staring at a computer screen, to take in all that glorious fresh air and scenery.
I have some big stuff to talk about next week.
- Goodbye to Oscar de la Renta.
- Eye candy: Velvet ribbons in Saint-Etienne
- Ursula K. Le Guin on beauty, aging, cats, and dogs. “Beauty always has rules. It’s a game. I resent the beauty game when I see it controlled by people who grab fortunes from it and don’t care who they hurt. I hate it when I see it making people so self-dissatisfied that they starve and deform and poison themselves.”
- The first Dahlia to be added to our flickr group and it’s a beaut!
- The Paul Poiret name is for sale. Ugh.
- Don’t miss our free download and tutorial on matching plaids and stripes.
- Power dressing (at least as depicted in hollywood) then and now. “‘Your clothes have to fit you,’ Lawson says. Period. To be a power dresser, he continues, ‘it has to look like you command the clothes, not that the clothes are commanding or wearing you.'”
- Because what’s better than coffee and sewing?
- How to win the creative lottery
For more links every week, you can follow me on Twitter, where I’m always posting interesting tidbits I find.
image above via colettepatterns on instagram