This week on Instagram: Pretty fall roses on my walk to work, Sheli’s cat was surprised by her freshly cleaned room, Kristen had an awesome duck embroidered on her vintage button-up, and I visited some goats who live near our office.
Dear Readers, this week has been all about project management.
It’s easy to come up with new ideas, but actually implementing them is another matter. As our team here at CPHQ grows, we have more resources to follow through on the grand plans Sarai has been percolating. If, that is, we can suss out task delegation and timeline communication.
After a failed attempt at maintaining a large project calendar, we decided to post what we are each working on individually. We made a Project Status Board using a washi tape grid on our chalkboard. It gives us each a chance to map out our weekly tasks, and lets other members know what we are working on. Kenn also decided that anyone who forgets to update their column before our Monday Meeting has trash duty for the week.
Here is Kristen fastidiously marking edits on an upcoming pattern.
And this is me experimenting with our digital camera. I’m trying to improve my photography skills so I can share more lovely studio shots with you folks.
- Any New York knitters in the crowd? You may want to visit the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival on Oct. 19th & 20th.
- Celebrate the return of Needlework Night next Thursday here at CPHQ! See our Facebook event for details.
I came across this great series of vintage Sports Illustrated winter sport fashions over on the Exhibition Fashion blog.
Lovelies For Sale
- Oh how I would love to get my hands on a pair of glasses from Warby Parker’s Fall Collection!
- I could go for a parcel of vintage wool, how about you ladies?
- The new Paola Navone Collection at Crate & Barrel is all about stark white and cobalt blue.
- Kelli from True Bias blog made some awesome up-cycled clothes this week.
- Use scrap fabric to decorate gift bags.
- Tilly of TillyAndTheButtons made a resource list for sewing with knits.
- For the brave, Cloth Habit has a tutorial on cutting & tipping underwires for bras.
- This marking guide tutorial looks pretty handy, I may have to try it out myself!
- Learn how to make Marbled Nail Polish Pumpkins for Halloween.
- How to turn an old headboard into a bench.
- If you own your own home, liven up your hallway with a painted floor runner.
Did I mention that it is officially rainy season in Portland? [Image Source]
And now I have a question for you all: This new (P)review segment was inspired by our short lived Friday Link Roundups. I’d love your feedback on what things you find interesting in these posts, and what other things you might like to see included. I’m all ears!