Does a change in season ever make you feel stuck when it comes to planning your sewing projects?
You know we love to talk about planning here on the Colette Blog, and the reality is that sometimes you have to change up your planning routine in order to stay motivated. We’ve got something to help you do just that…coming next week!
Sarai’s been sharing her secrets for planning her fall wardrobe on the blog this week, and she’s adopted an engaging mixture of planning techniques that include visual inspiration—such as creating moodboards and finding favorite silhouettes—as well as written notes from answering Wardrobe Architect questions.
What about you? What’s your favorite way to plan projects? And what is your most successful strategy for planning projects (because we all know that the two might not be the same)?
You might have already caught Sarai’s hints that we have a special wardrobe-planning tool coming your way next week. It’s a little hard to keep it a surprise, since you have probably already guessed what it is: a sewing planner!
If you want to be the first to see it and have a chance to get some really fun free goodies, sign up with the form below to be a pattern insider, and you’ll get all the details on Monday. Otherwise, stay tuned here on Tuesday for the official release!
Wardrobe Planning Resources
Here are a few of our favorite posts on wardrobe planning and inspiration that’ll help you get excited about the new sewing planner!
- How to create a moodboard
- 5 steps to plan your fall sewing
- How to prevent DIY anxiety
- Are your swatches getting out of control? How to organize your fabric (plus free downloadable swatch tags!)
- How to shop for inspiration rather than clothing
- Do you have any sewing rituals? Revisit this conversation for some ideas.
- Movies can be a great source of inspiration. Do you have any favorite films for fashion inspiration?
- If you love sewing details, check out our Details and Embellishments Pinterest board!
What about you? Let’s talk about planning
While we’re waiting for the planner to arrive, let’s talk planning strategies.
* Where do you get stuck while planning your sewing? What strategies have you tried so far?
* Do you enjoy planning your projects in advance, or are you a spur-of-the-moment kinda maker?
* Do you plan your projects visually? Or do you have notes scattered all over your sewing space?
* What does your fall wardrobe look like so far? Is there a certain garment that is getting all of your attention? Tell us what it is!