Well well well. Look at this adorable silk georgette I picked up on Wednesday at Mill End. I almost died when I saw the brand new bolt of it. I can’t wait to make it into a dainty little summer camisole.
(It’s actually a light tan, though it appears pink in the photo.)
I’m planning to start sowing some seeds this weekend and take a little trip to Eugene to look at owls.
Here are some good links I’ve come across this week, for your own weekend reading pleasure:
- A quick look into a Scottish cashmere scarf factory. Neat photos.
- Five simple tricks for shopping like a pro. As someone who sews, I don’t shop as much as most clothes-loving women. So when I do need to buy something, I am easily overwhelmed. It’s also interesting how some of these tricks might be applied to fabric shopping.
- This read on why “personal branding” is useless is so awesome.
- Anabela shared her favorite yoga and meditation apps. When I restarted my meditation practice, I began by using the Simply Being app, which I’d also recommend.
- I made this chunky chocolate buckwheat granola last weekend and it is so good!
- A little trick for shortening bad moods. I admit, I can be moody. Especially at certain times in my cycle. I’ve made a lot of progress on letting bad moods get the best of me, but I am going to try this out next time one hits me.