Photo from Windryder via Flickr.
Do you remember hearing about flour sack dresses from someone who lived through the 30s? About making the most of materials you have? Sustainability is a big theme around here this month. Not only is it Earth Day in just a few weeks, but I’m reading more and more about fashion and sustainability every day. Hopefully the conversation only continues to grow.
Have any eco-conscious or locally sourced brands you’d like to share? Are you going to celebrate Fashion Revolution this month? Share below and we’ll help spread the word.
- ‘I could no longer be a hypocrite’: How Rebecca Burgess became an eco-fashion activist
- Do you have what it takes to create a 100% locally-sourced garment?
- The Fashion Revolution events are already starting to line up in the UK!
- Teaming Up For Local Textile Production.
- 1950s Fashion: Horrockses & The Royal Tour: This exhibit at the Fashion and Textiles Museum celebrates Royal 1950s Fashion.
- How Plus-Size Women Are Constructing A New Normal.
- Zaha Hadid didn’t like the word “compromise”. She preferred adjustment.
- Seamwork Radio: A single moment can change the way you think about clothing forever. It did for Jacqui.
- Beyonce Debuts New Clothing Line in Video Starring Blue Ivy.
- You guys made some pretty inspiring Zinnia skirts last month!
- This week in Snippets: 3 DIY seam guides.
- Get the scoop on thread chains with this step-by-step tutorial.
- Happy National Tartan Day! Gonna re-read Devon’s article, “Mummies, Victorians, and Punks” to celebrate…
- Film photos from our retreat in January, and a progress report on the goals we set there.
- Inspiring thread art by Nike Schroeder.
- Join the discussion! Sewing Chatter: How do you maintain your personal style at work?
For more links every week, you can follow us on Twitter, where we’re always posting interesting tidbits and discussions.