Picking just the right fabric can be a challenge, especially when it comes to knits. Wren offers two distinctly different views that require two very different fabrics. Version 1 necessitates a knit with ample body and good recovery for its fitted silhouette, while version 2 requires a knit with more drape but ample recovery. Here we have outlined 5 gorgeous fabrics from some lovely retailers for you to stitch up your next Wren dress.
Version 1 works best when sewn out of a stretch knit with body and good recovery. Look for thicker knits with ample stretch that will flatter your curves.
1) Pleather Scuba Knit from Stonemountain and Daughter.
2) Heathered Blue French Terry from Stonemountain and Daughter.
3) Floral Print Ponte from Girl Charlee.
4) Coral Rib Knit from Stonemountain and Daughter.
5) Black Stretch Velvet from Harts Fabric.
Version 2’s gathered A-line skirt requires a knit with more drape. Looks for knits with ample stretch, good recovery, and a soft fluid hand.
1) Slubbed Silk Knit from Harts Fabric.
2) Abstract Dots from Modern Domestic.
3) Fine Stripe from Harts Fabric.
4) Bamboo Jersey from Mood.
5) Abstract Painted Knit from Fancy Tiger.
What are you making your Wren out of?