This has been a doozy of a week. With a half marathon in just a couple days, a race I’ve been training for for at least 5 months I might mention, Kenn and I have both gotten ill. I’m holding out hope that I’ll be well enough to run Sunday, even if I’m not at my best. Think good thoughts for me!
On the plus side, I was able to guzzle herbal tea from these lovely teacups I thrifted, in my favorite Franciscan pattern.
I also learned that Caitlin loves filling out forms. Who knew?
And this is what I’m working on for the palette challenge, a swingy little jacket in a gorgeous Pendleton wool. I’m afraid progress is rather slow, because sewing is not my favorite thing to do when I’m sick. Knitting is more my speed right now. Sewing just seems too high energy and requires too much thought when I’m sick. Do you feel that way?
Here are some lovely links for you to peruse from the sewing and blogging world:
- These cute yellow buttons would be perfect on the Iris shorts
- Mena Trott’s circle skirt is giving us lots of ideas for fun embellishments
- Tasia gives some helpful tips for sewing stripes
- An oilcloth storage bin is a perfect idea for stashing some fabric
- Wondered how to move a dart? Sunni shows you how in this excellent tutorial
- Threads has an article up showing us some simple mending techniques.
- I’d love to see this exhibit on Schiaparelli and Prada at the Met.