Ok, I mentioned I was making my wearable muslin as a crop top and that I would share some photos. I finally finished it today and the weather agreed I should share it with the world. Here are the changes I made:
1. Drafted a waistband.
2. Used snaps for closures, including two at the far right side of waistband.
3. Added a button to the inside of right waistband.
I had never used snaps before, and I ended up hammering the first one so it is wonky and wont close, but I’m ok with that. I may do something about the gaping above the waistband, but for now I am happy for something to wear in this heat!
Post Note: I’m excited you all like my fabric, it means I can further sing the praises of using thrifted fabric for wearable muslins! This only cost me $12 for 6 yards and since it is vintage, the cotton is broken in and very soft.