We decided to get a tree for the studio this year. But what to use for decorations?
It didn’t make sense to go out and buy a lot of ornaments and things when our studio is chock full of pretty trims and doodads. So we decided to decorate a sewing-themed christmas tree with spools of vintage silk thread, giant metallic ric-rac, and fancy grosgrain ribbon tied in bows.
We made some hot spiced cider in the crockpot*, put on some holiday music, and decked the halls. Hope you all are having a simple and relaxing holiday season with your loved ones too.
Here are some interesting links for your weekend reading:
- Just read this incredible piece by Lauren Bacon on escaping the comparison loop.
- This Anna Karina inspired photo shoot had me tickled.
- I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a new personal / home oriented blog. This post really captured a lot of my thoughts and reservations on blogging. I found it touching.
- Love this plaid lined cape, new from Anna Allen (via honeykennedy). Do you wear capes? I always think I should make one, then I don’t.
- I really want to start making a quilt again. My quilt pinterest board is full of possibilities.
- Random recipe you should try: This asian chickpea pitawich is delicious and vegan.
- Tasia has a round up of all her tutorials and tips for 2013. I’ve done something similar, but I’ll probably post it a little later.
- Obsessed with this constellation quilt devon made. I’ve wanted to make a similar one for a long time, but hers looks even more lovely that the one I had in my head.
* I just throw cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and a whole nutmeg into a pot of cider and let it go a few hours.