Back in January, our whole team took a mini break out to the Oregon coast to plan for the year ahead.
Wallis and Delaney making the short trek to the ocean from our cabin
Since I just got some of my film photos back, I thought I’d take the opportunity to share them along with some progress on the goals that I shared with you a couple months ago. After all, we’re 3 months into the year now. So how are we doing?
Kris, Haley, Anna, and Delaney getting some coffee and fresh air
Haley, Anna, Delaney, and Taylor (with Anna having some sort of mystical revelation, I think)
Here were our goals, and what we’ve been working on to make them happen:
- Learn more about our customers. We’ve made so much progress on this one. We sent out a massive survey to our customers a while back, and had a tidal wave of responses. I did some quantitative analysis on it and Kris did qualitative analysis and followed up with phone interviews with real life customers. It’s a mountain of information, but I think will really inform our direction.
- Update our visuals and branding. Our new shop is up with a fresh look! Taylor is working on making everything come together, and we’re even tossing around some new packaging ideas for later this year.
- Improve our processes. This is a work in progress, but Anna has been hard at work on improving our development process, Delaney and I have worked on scheduling, and we’ve put more team structure in place. This one is a long game, for sure.
- Grow Seamwork. As I said before, we just want to keep adding value to a subscription. We’ve started adding some bonus pattern pieces for subscribers, for example. But we have lots more ideas in the hopper that just take a while to build, like more ways to use credits, etc.
- Make the Seamwork site more interactive. We’ve been working hard on some new Seamwork features and ideas that will launch later in the year. We’re really taking our time to get them right, designing things iteratively and getting feedback from Seamwork members.
Did you set any goals or intentions for 2016? How are those going?