Now that we’re a little over halfway through 2013, I can honestly say that this has been the best year ever for CP.
We’ve definitely had some moments of struggle in the last 4 1/2 years, like any small business.
- There was the time our first printer (long since fired) printed our covers backwards… then tried to make us pay for it (that’s when I learned how important it is to work with people you trust).
- There was the frustrating period of working out of a space in my house that barely fit my cutting table (that’s when I learned that I hate working from home).
- Then the scariness of getting my first studio and having to pay rent every month (that’s when I learned how important it is to take risks).
- There was even a time we came just a little too close to running out of money (that’s when I learned about a little thing called cash flow).
But this year has been nothing short of amazing. We’ve grown to a team of five, the response to our patterns has been phenomenal, and I finally feel like I know what I’m doing business-wise.
The coolest bit about all of this is that we’re finally able to invest in some of the new ideas I’ve had percolating around my head for years. Some of them will show up next year and maybe even the year after. But we’ve also got a LOT planned for this year and the holiday season.
- September: As usual, we’ll be releasing our newest pattern for Fall! We’ll talk a little more about this soon, but that’s coming September 17.
- October: We have a totally new type of product we’ll be releasing, probably towards the end of the month. I’ve been working with someone else to develop it over the last year or so, and it’s a departure from sewing patterns. Anyone want to guess what it is?
- November: We’re working on something special for the guys (but not just for the guys). I’ll leave it at that.
Good times, you guys. Good times.