Organizing and managing your sewing projects can sometimes be a struggle, so we designed this planner to help you prioritize your project queue so you can focus on sewing.
Let’s check out the planner
Have you ever planned a project—say a gorgeous lined wool coat—then by the time you got around to sewing it, it’s mid-February and the prime outerwear season is coming to a close?
Or maybe you’re like me and get easily distracted by a new sewing pattern, and before you know it, your sewing queue is so long you hardly know where to start.
What sets this planner apart is its versatility. If you’re a visual person, sketch your sewing notes with the help of our croquis. If you prefer to take notes while you sew, then fill your book with fitting ideas that will help guide you with future projects.
How this planner will help you sew
With 6 different sections to help you plan your wardrobe seasonally, the planner is designed to help you focus and document your sewing. Divided into Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer, you can plan 50 projects for the year.
Keep your personal style in mind and sew clothes that make you feel good
- Start by answering questions about your style, favorite fabrics and silhouettes, and record your measurements so you can focus on sewing for the best fit.
Set and achieve your sewing goals
- For each season, you’ll set a goal that will help you determine what projects to make and when.
Curate your color palette and gather your inspiration
- Have fun with this section! Make a moodboard, pick up some paint chips at the store, or do some sketching.
Bring your planner to the fabric store!
- Measuring just over 7X9 inches, the planner is portable and includes spaces for swatches and pouches to carry your patterns and notions.
Learn while you sew
- Resources at the back of the planner will help you buy the right needle, measure the right amount of fabric, and look up common sewing terms.
- Oh! Little sewing tips are also sprinkled across the pages!
Plan your projects: The nitty gritty
- Each project page is full of helpful prompts so you can take fitting notes, make supply lists, and use one of our unique croquis located at the back of the planner to help you create sketches that are representative of your unique curves. Even if you’re not an artist, they will help you visualize your project!
After you complete your planner, you’ll have an essential visual representation of your sewing for the whole year. Then you can easily flip through your favorite projects, fitting hacks, and inspiration for years to come.
Take a peek into the Colette Sewing Planner below:
Buy the planner locally
If you can’t wait to start planning, stop by your favorite local fabric store to get a copy. Here are the retailers that have ordered the planner and should have it soon:
Fibergé: Knits + Bolts
Owl & Drum
Stitch Sew Shop
Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics
TISSU & Petit Atelier
The Black Squirrel
The Confident Stitch
Three Little Birds Sewing Co
Treadle Yard Goods
We Sew Retro