You might have been excited to see holiday decorations suddenly appear the day after Halloween, or you might have been bewildered to see pumpkins next to jingle bells. One thing is for sure, the holidays are quickly approaching and that means we’ve got some work ahead of us!
If you’re experiencing anxiety about a looming deadline for handmade holiday projects, now is the right time to start thinking about what to make for your loved ones, friends, and crafty co-workers who will appreciate all the time and love you put into their gift.
So I’m wondering, do you enjoy sewing or making gifts for others for the holidays?
- Does the joy of giving match the hard work you put into a gift?
- Are you making a big project for someone extra special this year? Tell us about it!
- Do you have any last-minute handmade gift ideas?
Let’s support each other and share some ideas (or encouragement) in the comments below!
Need inspiration? Here are some ideas
- How to Sew a Leather Clutch: Create a customized fold over with some special fabric.
- Happy Bow Tie Tutorial: Grainline put together an adorable bow tie tutorial (you also make gifts for your pets, right?).
- Yarn-wrapped Pattern Weights: If you know someone who sews, this is a very quick gift idea.
- Weaving with Wool Roving: Want to really impress your loved ones? Check out this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess.
- Need something quick? Make the Brigiette Scarf! Follow Tilly and the Buttons’ tutorial and you can have a basket full of beautiful head scarves to gift.
- Cozy Woven Flannel Scarf: Our friends over at Modern Domestic teach you how to turn your favorite Robert Kaufman flannel into the coziest circle scarf.
- Winter Warmer Cowl: We’ll teach you how to make a classy cowl.