It is no secret that here at Colette HQ, we are enamored with vintage clothing. As soon as a design becomes finalized, I obsess over finding vintage inspiration to fuel tutorials, hacks, and customization ideas.
Today, we are offering a sneak peak inside our private Pinterest board.
While in the development phase of creating a pattern, we use Pinterest as tool to save sample fabric ideas, models that would look amazing in the pattern, inspirational images, the list goes on.
After a pattern is released, I love scrolling through this collection of images to get back in touch with the initial concept and ideas around the garment.
Here are some of my favorite details that would perfectly enhance Selene.
1) You can’t get more custom than a monogrammed skirt, am I right?
2) I am loving the jumbo sized pockets on this skirt. What an interesting way to play with proportion and silhouette.
3) This panel of knife pleats at the back hemline is inspiring!
4) Is it just me, or would suspenders be an excellent addition to Selene? You could even make them removable by having them fasten to the inside of the waistband with a button.
5) Firstly, the two pocket details are divine, but I love the idea of adding an inseam box pleat to the two front skirt seams.
6) Adding a tab closure to the welt pockets of version 2 would be a sweet and easy detail to accomplish.
7) Creating a wrap style skirt with Selene as a base would be a fun challenge. I love the offset buttons of this version.
8) And last but not least, this image makes me feel very strongly about making a matching Selene and Camden set. How amazing would that be?
At the end of the day, I can’t make ALL the Selenes, but I can live vicariously through you and the killer skirts I know you will be making. Don’t forget, Selene is 15% off through April 19th!
So tell me, how do you plan on customizing your Selene skirt?