It’s been good to be back in the studio this week, although we’ve been met with a whirlwind of activity. Proofs have arrived for our next print run (yay!) and Kristen is leaving today to go on a cruise she won in a contest (!).
As for me, I’m headed up to Astoria this weekend for a writing workshop. Here’s hoping I come back with just a little more clarity than I left with!
Here are some good reads this week:
- The Cutting Class looks at Christpher Kane’s AW14 collection and declares it 9 collections in 1. They do an amazing job dissecting details and techniques on the runway. Undoubtedly one of my favorite fashion/sewing blogs.
- The Rodarte Star Wars collection is pretty amazing too.
- I like the idea of enhancing your wardrobe by borrowing from friends. I feel like naked lady parties are a great (and related) alternative as well. By the way, this gal has great style and is so cute.
- I wrote a short ode to Isabella for my friend Jen’s blog while she faced a pet emergency.
- How to sandwash silk from Elizabeth Suzann (via honeykennedy)
- How to take time off. I feel like sewing puts you in “learning mode,” and makes for a great way to relax in an active way. I’m trying to make better use of my time off lately by having more learning and social experiences, but I could probably do more helping as well.
- Design Sponge ponders what it means to practice mindfulness within the home.
- Are you addicted to your phone? Unfortunately, I’ve experienced a lot of moments like those depicted in the video lately. I’m trying to make a concerted effort to spend less time with my phone in my face, and it’s been surprisingly difficult.
[image: photo above from my instagram stream]