Here in Portland, we have a fantastic animal rescue organization call the Pixie Project.
This group does so much for animals. In addition to offering important low-cost and free vet services (including spay and neuter programs), they also work to take at-risk animals from overcrowded county shelters, get them on their feet (er, paws), and find forever families for them. This is an organization that saves the lives of so many beautiful, innocent creatures who might otherwise be killed.
This year, Alyson and I are participating in The Pixie Project’s annual Furbowl bowling fundraiser, and we would really appreciate your support for these animals!
Any amount helps. Here is an idea of how your donation could help:
- $10 neuters one pixie cat
- $25 feeds all the pixie animals for a day!
- $50 spays and vaccinates one pixie dog
- $100 allows the project to care for one shelter animal for one week
- $250 opens the pixie low-cost clinic for one day and helps 12 animals who would otherwise go without care (spay, neuter, dental, tumor removal, wound care, etc)
Pretty cool, huh?
Not only that, but I have to point out two more important things:
- Donations are matched! That means that every $1 you donate will be matched by a sponsor to make it $2!
- Donations are tax deductible.
And finally, the really important enticement…
You may or may not know that Colette Patterns is named after my kitty, the ultra-glamorous (but reclusive) Colette.
If you donate on my page, Colette and I will send you an autographed glossy photo with a thank you note. Isn’t she beautiful? Can you believe that this movie star kitty was herself born on the mean streets (or possibly in a wood pile)?
(That’s a picture of Basil and Colette as wee ones at the top of this post. Still best friends!)
Here’s what to do
- Click here to donate any amount to help care for these animals (just click the big green “donate” button on the top right).
- Once you’ve done that, click here and enter your name and shipping address where you’d like Colette’s thank you note to go.
Thank you so much for helping these animals find their forever homes and avoid a sad fate!